Effective Date: March 1, 2018 (Updated May 23, 2019)
Personal Information Defined
Personal Information TechnologyAdvice Collects
Mediaramp collects Personal Information upon Your consent. This information might be used to send you product recommendations, articles via a newsletter, or more information about a particular technology vendor, depending on the form you fill out and the consent you provide at the time you fill out that form.
Product Recommendations: Mediaramp collects Personal Information from You in order to connect You with sellers of technology (“Services”) that You are searching for. When You give Mediaramp access to Personal Information for this purpose, You consent to receive product recommendations and technology buying advice from Mediaramp via email or phone call, and with your consent the Website may pass your data along to technology vendors who meet your requirements.
Email Newsletters: Mediaramp collects email addresses to provide readers of our blogs with updates via email newsletters. These email newsletters contain links to blog posts, product recommendations, and links to research white papers that match your technology or industry interests.
Get Pricing: Should You request pricing details for a particular technology listed on the site, Mediaramp will collect Personal Information such as:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Company demographics
When You consent to receive pricing details for a technology, TMediaramp will contact you with those pricing details. With your consent, the Website may pass your data along to technology vendors who meet your requirements.
Product Reviews: Mediaramp uses your personal information to verify Your identity and to ensure you are not a current or previous employee of the technology company or their direct competitors.
Mediaramp collects the following Personal Information that You submit voluntarily. You may provide Mediaramp with additional information about You as You use the Services such as:
- physical addresses
- telephone numbers
- information regarding Your business (e.g., business name, revenue thresholds, etc.)
- information regarding Your business needs and technology requirements
- other personally identifiable information You affirmatively provide to us such as LinkedIn profile information
When You contribute posts and reviews, participate in Mediaramp surveys (either directly, or through third party service providers), or provide any other Content to the Services through other means, Mediaramp will collect all the information You provide. In connection with reviews, posts, and surveys, Mediaramp (and/or its third party service providers) may collect a wide variety of product- and vendor-related information.
Please be aware that while some pieces of information that You provide to Mediaramp would not be sufficient to identify You when seen by another User without any context, the combination of different pieces of information that You have provided for viewing by other Users, or any contextual information, may allow other Users and Mediaramp to identify You.
When You contact Mediaramp by sending Mediaramp an e-mail or when You use any of our contact forms, Mediaramp will collect any information that is contained in (and/or attached to) Your e-mail, text message, or that You enter into such forms.
TMediaramp does not collect, process or control any sensitive personal information such as Physical or Mental Health, Political Beliefs or Genetics, etc.
Legal Grounds for Processing Information under GDPR
For our direct marketing activities, we employ Legitimate Interest as legal grounds for processing data.
Browsing the Website
If You browse through the Website without entering any Personal Information, Mediaramp will automatically gather and store certain information about Your visit. This information does not identify You personally and cannot be linked back to You unless You decide at some point to identify Yourself. If You are only browsing, Mediaramp may collect the following information (whenever possible): IP address, domain name, the type of browser and operating system used to access the Website, the date and time You access the Website, the pages You visit (click-through), and if You linked to the Website from another website, the address of that website as well as additional information related to Your visit. Mediaramp uses Your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer the Website.
Mediaramp does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information by anyone under the age of 18. Do not fill out any forms on the site if You are under the age of 18 and do not provide Mediaramp with any information regarding any individual under the age of 18.
Use of Personal Information
Personal Information You submit to Mediaramp, or to third parties that support us in collecting information, is used by us to provide You and other Users with the Services, to respond to requests that You make, to improve our Services, and to operate, maintain, and improve the features, functionality, performance, and support of the Services.
Mediaramp uses the Personal Information that it gathers about You for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to You, to communicate with You about Your use of the Services, to respond to Your inquiries, to fulfill Your orders, and for other customer service purposes, which may include communicating with You via email
- To tailor the content and information that Mediaramp may send or display to You, personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize Your experiences while using the Website or the Services
- For customer loyalty programs
- To share with website affiliates, and/or vendors of products You have given us consent to contact You regarding products or services as a means of establishing communication between both You and such vendors or affiliates.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, Mediaramp may use information You provide to contact You in the manner(s) You request at the time that data is collected. Mediaramp may collect your email address to send You news and newsletters, special offers and promotions, or to otherwise contact You about products or information You expressed interest in. Mediaramp also may use the information that Mediaramp learns about You to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
- To better understand how users access and use the Website and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, to improve the Website and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes
One of the purposes of the Services is for Users to share product- and vendor-related information with other Users. Therefore, You should assume that any information (including any Personal Information You may choose to provide, but excluding Your registration information) that You post will be made available to other Users of the Services. Mediaramp may provide You the ability to anonymously post certain comments, in which case Mediaramp will not include Your contact information (i.e., name, username, email address, or postal address) on the Website in connection with such comments. However, You should know that Mediaramp’s internal records may associate Your contact information with such comments.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Unused data and data that falls outside of categories we deem commercially viable will be deleted. To ensure the accuracy of our recommendations and the privacy of Personal Information, Mediaramp analyzes all records annually and deletes any that have gone untouched, unprocessed, and unreferenced in a timespan of 5 years. Data that has been requested to be forgotten will be deleted promptly.
Legal Obligation to Disclose
Your Information Rights
Mediaramp adheres to rights of data subjects set out by the GDPR standards. Under these standards You have the right to:
- Be forgotten. At any time you may contact Mediaramp’s Data Protection Officer and request that your data be fully removed from all of our databases.
- Update or change your Personal Information
- Transfer your Personal Information to another data processor or controller
- Object to the processing of your personal information
If You would like to make a subject access request (SAR) to view, delete, or otherwise change the data stored in the Mediaramp database, please contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing email@example.com.
Mediaramp works hard to protect Information You provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the Other Information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology.
Mediaramp has deployed all of these requirements in our systems and processes both internally as well as with upstream data providers to ensure the security of Personal Information:
- Hardware-level and/or software-level encryption
- Data minimization
- Data pseudonymization
- Data encryption at rest
- Data encryption in transit
On occasion Mediaramp will make available to potential advertisers, research firms, and business partners aggregated results from research it has conducted regarding visitors to the Website. Mediaramp may count, track, and aggregate visitor activity into our analysis of general traffic flows to the Website and may merge this information into group data, which may then be shared on an aggregated basis with potential advertisers, research firms, and business partners. In such case, Mediaramp will only provide demographic information on an aggregated basis and does not disclose individual reader information.
Links to Other Web Sites
- DISCLOSURE: Mediaramp may have affiliate marketing agreements set up with a portion of the products mentioned in blog posts or other pages on the site. If a user clicks through to a product from Mediaramp.io and makes a purchase, Mediaramp may be entitled to a portion of the revenue generated from this purchase.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
Contacting the Mediaramp
Media Ramp is a full-service Digital Marketing Agency which blends strategy, design & technology to guide brands into the digital future. Their services include Brand Strategy, Innovation, Website Design & Development, Online Marketing, Social Media Marketing and Mobile Solutions.
© 2016 Media Ramp, LLC. All Rights Reserved.